Should a bi guy turn on his straight side when he’s with straights, his gay side when he’s with gays?
Society tends to erase bisexuality. Check out these common myths:
Bi erasure is a serious problem that isn’t just promoted by straight people, but on occasion, by the non-bi queer community as well. Identifying as bisexual often feels like you’re stuck in limbo — not “gay” enough for some, and not “straight” enough for others.
- Bisexual+ people face less harmful stigma than lesbian or gay people
- Bisexual people are transphobic
- Bi men don’t exist, and are probably just gay
- Bisexual people magically become straight when they’re in a relationship with a heterosexual partner
- Bisexual people are polyamorous
Some thoughts in this post